One grand prize winner will have their story featured in a special edition of Harpstring Magazine (published by Written World Communications) PLUS receive a $25 stipend PLUS receive a free copy of the special edition.
Up to nine honorable mentions will have their story published in Harpstring Magazine PLUS receive a free copy of the special edition.
What is Flash Fiction?
Flash fiction is a style of extremely brief literature, usually between 300 and 1,000 words. It is a complete story with beginning, middle, and end that contains other elements of fiction such as setting, character, conflict, and resolution.
HIS Writers Flash Fiction Contest Submission Requirements
- Story must have a clear beginning, middle, ending, and resolution. Those submitted without these elements will be ruled ineligible.
- Story must be:
- 1,000 words or less
- In .doc format
- 1" margins (all around)
- 0.5" paragraph indentations
- Size 12 Times New Roman font
- Have your name and story title in upper left corne
- His Writers represents a Christian organization. While it is not required that your story have a spiritual theme, submissions containing sexually explicit scenes or descriptions, swearing, foul or suggestive language will be ruled ineligible.
- Entry fee:
$10 - Standard registration
$15 - Registration with score sheet and judge's critique
- You may enter as many times as you wish; however, for each submission you must also fill out an entry form and submit an additional entry fee.
- Only online entries submitted to HIS Writers will be accepted.
- Contest is open to everyone.
- All entries must be received by midnight, Saturday, September 1, 2012.
- Finalists will be contacted by Harpstring Magazine (Written World Communications) by the end of October to advise them of their acceptance and to finalize editing and contract details.
- Winners will be announced at the Novel Crafters Seminar of the Rockies on Saturday, November 17, 2012. You need not be present to win.
- Name of grand prize winner and honorable mentions will be published on the HIS Writers website, Monday, November 18th.
- By entering you allow us to post your name on HIS Writers and ACFW Colorado websites, The Inkwell blog, and HIS Writers and ACFW Colorado social network sites (such as Facebook and Twitter).
- By entering you grant Harpstring Magazine the worldwide exclusive right to use your entry in publication for the term of six month to include print, electronic and audio recordings for publication and promotion. At the end of the six month term, all rights to the work are returned to the author. Harpstring is not responsible for expenses or compensation for the work. Prize monies are paid on the basis of contest rules and do not in any way indicate a legal contract with Harpstring or its associated companies.
- To learn more about Harpstring Magazine, please review their submission guidelines.
CONTEST IS OVER
Please check back for a list of winners
A big "thank you" to all who entered!
Contest is sponsored by:
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Featuring NY Times
Jerry B. Jenkins
Who we are, when we meet, how
to join, membership benefits
Calendar and Events
HIS Writers calendar and events
HIS Writers monthly newsletter and archives
In celebration of HIS Writers member accomplishments:
Books (Fiction & Non-Fiction)
Membership and Dues
ACFW and HIS Writers membership information and dues renewal
Special offers and programs
exclusively for HIS Writers' members
Donate to HIS Writers
Click here to post our banner and
link on your website or blog.
Connect with Us!
ACFW Colorado chapter and event information
A showcase of recent and upcoming fiction books and short stories by ACFW Colorado authors
ACFW Colorado's blog network offering up-to-date news on Colorado chapters, author spotlights, and articles on craft, technology, and more!
ACFW conferences and more!
A full-color print magazine distributed quarterly to more than 3000 Christian fiction authors, aspiring writers, editors, agents, publicists and readers.
Overview of the ACFW organization
Looking for Christian Fiction? Look no further than Fiction Finder.